Range Hood & Kitchen Exhaust Fan Repair
Keeping Your Kitchen Fresh & Comforting
You want your kitchen to smell of delicious aromas. Range hoods, also known as vent hoods or extractor hoods, have kitchen exhaust fans that help you accomplish this by providing odor removal and ventilation. If you need range hood repair, call the experts at Mr. Appliances Repair for expert service so you can have a comfortable, inviting kitchen again.
Don’t delay! Built-up grease and smoke can damage your walls and cabinets and hurt your indoor air quality. Simply schedule service online, or call us at 855-202-6117. The Mr. Appliances repair technicians in your location will address the problem quickly.
Common Types of Range Hoods We Repair
There are a variety of vent hood types. Using a mechanical fan and filtration, some kitchen exhaust fans push air outside your home, while others merely filter it and recirculate it back into your kitchen. No matter what type you have, the technicians at Mr. Appliances repair are always ready to perform expert range hood repair!
- DuctedThese range hoods exhaust air to the outside of your home.
- Non-Ducted or RecirculatedThese hoods recirculate air after filtering it.
- Under-CabinetTypically non-ducted, these vent hoods offer replaceable filters.
- Wall-Mounted ChimneyThese are installed against the wall and appear similar to a home chimney.
- Ceiling-Mounted ChimneyAlso called island hoods, these are typically suspended above cooking islands.
- Custom Built-InThese blend in with cabinetry and have ventilation built into the wall.
The size / strength of range hood a home needs depends on kitchen size and other factors. Your vent hood should cover the full width of your range and be placed over at least 50 percent of your burners. Specifically, the Home Ventilating Institute recommends a minimum of 40 CFM for every linear foot of range.
Range Hood Brands We Commonly Service
Common Vent Hood Issues We Repair
Notice any of these problems? Give our experts a call!
- Vent hood is not clearing smoke.In non-ducted systems, this is often due to an old filter that needs to be replaced. In ducted systems, the problem could be due to numerous issues preventing exhaust from being properly evacuated. Whatever it is, we can diagnose and fix it!
- Air is not venting outside.This is typically due to a broken fan blade, kitchen exhaust fan motor, or blower motor that has stopped working. There also may be something stuck in the blower motor. Call our experts to troubleshoot and repair your kitchen exhaust fan.
- The motor hums.This is most often the result of a defective exhaust fan motor in need of replacement. It may also be due to something caught in or rubbing against the blower wheel housing or fan blade.
- The motor is loud.This could be the result of a vent hood motor that is damaged, worn out, or in need of replacement. Other issues include worn exhaust fan motor bearings. Let us troubleshoot and expertly repair your range hood motor.
- The lights aren’t working.The vent hood repair may be as simple as replacing a burnt-out bulb. Or the problem could be a defective light assembly, light socket, switch, or main control board. If the bulb isn’t the issue, our experts can get to the bottom of this.
- The fan and light aren’t working.This may be due to a defective control board, defective switch, or blown thermal fuse. Take action fast so grease and smoke don’t build up in your kitchen.
- The keypad doesn’t work.This is most often caused by a defective control board. When you call us, we can quickly diagnose this situation and help you determine the proper range hood repairs.
Range Hood Replacement Parts
Mr. Appliances repair can replace any part on your vent hood and kitchen exhaust fan:
- Exhaust fan motors
- Control boards
- Blower wheel housings
- Light assemblies
Mr. Appliances repair wants to get your vent hood back up and running quickly so you can move on with your day and start enjoying your kitchen again. We are the appliance repair experts you can trust for efficient range hood repair!
Schedule service online, or contact us today at 855-202-6117
Great Reasons To Hire Appliance Repair!
- Qualified Experts
- Workmanship and Parts Warrantied
- Upfront Pricing
- Courteous, Uniformed Professionals
- Service on Your Schedule
- Special Offers