Garbage Disposal Repair & Troubleshooting
Garbage Disposal Not Working? We’ll Take Care Of It!
More than simply a convenient kitchen appliance, garbage disposals help keep food waste out of landfills, which is great for the environment. When your garbage disposal is leaking, clogged, or simply not working, call the Mr. Appliance® near you for expert garbage disposal repair and troubleshooting. We’ll repair this vital part of your home and allow you to continue benefiting the earth.
In households with sewer access, disposals send food waste to wastewater treatment plants where organic solids can be processed into fertilizers. More advanced wastewater plants can even capture bio gas from disposal waste for energy production.
We repair two main types of garbage disposals:
- Continuous FeedThese models operate when you flip a wall or accessory switch. A rubber shield or baffle contains food within the unit and helps the disposal run more quietly than other types.
- Batch FeedThese only activate when the disposal lid is engaged and the disposal is covered. They take a bit longer to set up but are great for homes with children or people who prefer extra safety.
Common Garbage Disposal Issues We Repair
Noticed any of the below issues? It may be time to call on the professional technicians at Mr. Appliance for garbage disposal repair. We work quickly to identify the problem, and we provide a fast and effective solution for your garbage disposal troubles.
Let us know if you need help with any of the following:
- The garbage disposal is not working—no power.
- Check your fuse box or circuit breakers for power issues. Otherwise locate the small, red reset button on the bottom of your system. If it is popped out, the disposal has overheated. Clear the jam and try resetting it. If you have power and there is no sound, the motor is probably worn out.
- The garbage disposal is jammed.
- High fiber foods, cornhusks, avocado leaves, bones, utensils, and more can jam your disposal. Never put your hand in the disposal to clear this jam. If your disposal has a hole for a socket wrench under the motor, use the wrench to rotate the masher plate and attempt to clear the jam. If you want professional help, we are always here to answer your call!
- The garbage disposal drain is clogged.Address clogs by turning off the power at the main disconnect, disassembling the trap, and clearing the clog with a drain snake. After reassembly, turn the water on to check if the clog has cleared. Need help? Call our technicians.
- The garbage disposal is making excessive noise.Bones and other foreign objects can cause excessive noise and jams in garbage disposals. Noise may also result from loose mounting screws, broken flyweights, and worn lugs and blades. Address this issue promptly, as loose screws can cause water to leak into the motor and bearings.
- There is a leak in one place or more.Leaks usually indicate a loose sink flange or a rubber gasket in need of replacement. However, if the leak is coming from the body of the disposal, the unit will have to be replaced. The sooner you call our team, the better we can prevent major damage.
Garbage Disposal Brands We Commonly Service
- InSinkErator (such as Badger 5)
Replacing Garbage Disposal Parts
We can replace any part on your garbage disposal:
- Lids and baffles
- Gaskets and seals
Reach out to us today at 855-202-6117 or reliable and quality garbage disposal repair services.
Great Reasons To Hire Appliance Repair!
- Qualified Experts
- Workmanship and Parts Warrantied
- Upfront Pricing
- Courteous, Uniformed Professionals
- Service on Your Schedule
- Special Offers